My followers

maandag 2 mei 2016

Arnhem Groupe Build Project Part 3

The progress on this project goes slowly for me these days. But I managed to do something. Not much but it is progress. The tank is painted in bronze green (Revell 65), and the wheels with anthracite grey (Revell 9).
 
Here you can see the top half of the tank. All is painted by hand and needed three layers of paint to cover it good.
 
 
 
As you can see here the turret is still moveble, but at the end of the project it will be placed forward. You can also see that the turret is still open. More about that lower in this post.

 
Here the bottom part with all the wheels glued in place. I painted them before placing them. For some reason I can't paint these when the model is put together. But that is maybe the reason why I'm not a great model builder!


 
I wanted to glue top and bottom together but realised just in time that the tracks need to be placed befor doing that. It's almost imposseble to place them after putting both parts together.

 
Here is a picture of the hatch from the turret. This isn't finished yet. Needs another two layers of paint and then I will cut it in two parts so I can keep the turret open to place a figure in it. I will use another color for the inside of the turret. I'm thinking about olive green.

 
I will paint the tracks before placing them on the model with rust, gun metal and black to give them some weathering. But that is for the next update just like adding the decals and weathering of the whole tank. I hope to get this finished before the end of the week. In the mean time I will try to paint some more figures to. I would like to place at least five or six on the tank.
 
I hope that you like what you see so far!
 
I would like to thank everyone for the kind words on my previous post about the surgery! Thanks for the support! Every day it goes a little bit better.
 
 
Welcome to my blog!!!!!


26 opmerkingen:

  1. It might be slow Peter, but progress is progress and something to celebrate.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Michael! You're right! Every little step is one forward!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  2. Well done Peter . No more time for google blogpost but i follow you on Facebook ;) Cheers .

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Vincent! I'm following your drawings on FB to! As always excellent work!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  3. I am also working on an Arnham project, sssh don't tell anyone! So I am following this eagerly.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Clint! No I will not tell someone!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  4. I like, timing is everything :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. looks ready to defend the country :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks DEZ! It's rather to invade a country! To liberate Arnhem!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  6. Reacties
    1. Thanks trzmielofigsy! Promises yes! I hope I can keep them! And welcome!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  7. Great start! One of the reasons I don't do many big kits is I get to carried away with building it and forget about getting to bits to paint it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Simon! Your words reminds me that I have another unfinished model lying around somewhere. I must make time to finish that one to!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  8. Off to a good start Peter! Armor is a tough nut to crack

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. A good model for Jan`s road Peter,and a big thumbs up for your work done so far. Make sure it does not run over Gunnar`s figures,because there`s going to be quite and odd mix of them running about. BB

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Paul! No we will not overrun Gunnar's figures! These will stop at the border! :-D

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen