My followers

donderdag 7 april 2016

Arnhem Groupe Build Project Part 2

Here is the progress on this project I did so far. Not very much at this moment because I had some problems with painting the figures. I tried to paint them with of a lot of drybrushing but I wasn't happy with the result. The one I"m showing now is better in my eyes.
 
Excuse me for not so good pictures but I didn't take them in daylight and my camera is getting a bit old. I think it's about time to look for a new one.
 
First I started with the checkpoint cabine. I used one color of brown and gave the roof a black wash and the sides a devlan mud wash. I'm thinking to do a slight drybrush with some dark grey. What do you think?
 
Here I sorted out all the parts needed. I didn't do the barrier yet. That is something for the next days.
 

 
Some pictures of the cabine with an English soldier I painted in 2014 in one of the duels on Benno's Figures Forum.
 







 
And here is one of the volunteers that will take place on the tank. I used the Revell color scheme to paint him and finished him with a Sepia Wash. It looks better as with drybrushing. I'm curious about your opinion.
 
Pinned them!

White undercoat!

Finished figure front!

Finished figure back!

Finished figure left side!

Finished figure right side!
He really looks better in real. As said bad pictures. I hope to make some better ones next time. Now I will start with the tank. And together with the barrier I can start making the base. The figures on the tank will depend on how much time I have left.
 
And now again some promotion for the event. Maybe I can convince some people to pass by on this day.
 

FIGZ

Wargaming & miniatures event in the Netherlands

Sunday 5 June 2016, Arnhem (NL)


http://www.figz.nl/


Welcome to my blog!!!!!



24 opmerkingen:

  1. Looking good so far, that is a lot of work ahead!! Carry on! ;) Cheers!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks RMacedo! Yes undeed a lot of work!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  2. Hola
    Que bueno lo de la garita,me gusta
    Y la cantidad de soldados
    Te espera un gran trabajo
    un saludo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Jose! As said above a lot of work indeed!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  3. Hi Peter,it certainly looks good to me. i often tried dry brushing figures myself and then decided,"This will not do," so i went back to what i was comfy with. As the artist it was your call to decide upon applying the wash. A good call my friend,and now you are in your comfort zone again with confidence on how you will proceed. Painting for FIGZ,does sort of add extra pressure on the painter modeler.__________Well it did for me last year. However your work portrayed here will certainly please Jan that`s for sure.
    Best Brush Forwards. BB

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Paul! As you said I'm back in my comfort zone painting figures! And I still have a lot to do!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  4. Very nice work Peter ! Keep up the pace. I'm looking forward to more progress !
    Greetings

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Very nice Peter! Looking forward to the final product!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks WarRaptor! Me to my friend! Me to!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  6. Reacties
    1. Thanks DEZ! Iron pin heated over a candle light! Plastic doesn't complain! :-D

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  7. Great work Peter, very original

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I Believe that the cabin is very well shaded and looks very real,gret job!As for the figure I cannot say because I believe that the pictures you take is very close and it looks a little messy:( Maybe you sould try to take some pictures from a longer distance(25-30cm).A diorama at this scale looks good when you look it from a small distance so any inperfection would be invisible.
    I'm waiting for the next update!Keep up the Brushes!!
    Regards, George.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks George! I will try to make pictures from a longer distance like you say!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen