My followers

woensdag 10 augustus 2011

Revell Humber Mk.II

Sometimes people ask me what I do on holiday. Well, I walk a bit in the mountains, I eat the local stuff and of course I drink the local beer. But when I get to rest, I'm working on the hobby. I allways take something with me, or I buy something (in fact a lot) and try to get it done before the end of the holiday.

And this year it's this Revell Humber Mk.II. It's a former kit of Matchbox, for the older ones among us, those kits who came in two colors and were fast and most of the time easy to assemble. It was fun doing this one and I promised myself to do more of them.

Historical Background (text is from the box):

The Humber Mk.II that was introduced in 1941 was used by the British military as a light and manoeuvrable armoured scout car. With a top speed of 72 km/h and a range of about 400 km, the Humber Mk.II was particularly effective in the open wastes of the Sahara desert. In addition to North Africa the British also used the Humber in Europe. The approx 5400 examples built were still in use after WWII.

Enjoy the pictures!






Hope you like it!

PS: it's a 1/76 model but I label it as 1/72.

Also welcome to my new followers:
Sean, and Wild-Heindl (if you have a blog just let me know), Zed1 from Zed's Nappies (he's trying to paint every French uniform), Nick Grant from 20mm Gamer (with plastic soldiers) Chasseur from For Honour's Sake (he plays solo wargames) and Brummie from Brummies Wargaming Blog (very nice wargaming figures).

Welcome to my blog!!!!!

13 opmerkingen:

  1. Nice work Peter,
    This 1 brings back a lot of memories. I am pretty sure I have at least a couple in my stash still to be built.
    Cheers
    Paul

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Beautiful work. Matchbox will never die!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thanks for the nice comments guys!

    As said I'm planning more of them. I have some who will fit very well with the kit above. But first there are a few promises I have to keep.

    Greetings
    Peter

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Great looking kit mate!Have you tried weathering pigments?Those tires look a bit to clean for the desert, a little of tamiya weathering powder would do the trick.
    You have sold me on getting on these kit mate but I doubt the wife would let me take it on holiday though.

    Cheers Rich.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Very nice Peter, a great looking bit of kit!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Test to place a reaction ;-)
    I saw on Bennos forum this doesnt work, well it does....

    And about this vehicle, I love it.
    A nice vacation project (mine is smaller)

    CU my friend!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. It looks like it would be handy to get around in it and the TC has his cupola right there to open fire.

    I just came back from the store where I was getting some British stuff too, mine was a 25 pounder gun.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Models are so fricken cool. Reminds me of Super 8.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. it's ex. Matchbox and very nice finish ...thank you.

    Erhan

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Thank you all for the nice comments!

    @Rich: I can still fix those tires when this model goes on a dio. Not sure yet what I will do.

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen