My followers

maandag 6 juni 2011

Another..........Panzergrenadier?????

Painting this figure started all with a question on the Bennos Figures Forum from my good friend Maurice from MINI FIGS. The question was if we weren't posting to much Napoleonic figures on the forum. I know he loves more the WWII and Modern period to paint figures from.

So I thought it would be fun to paint a Napoleonic figure in a WWII Camo pattern, and as I was painting WWII German Panzergrenadiers, I took a figure from the Revell Napoleonic Prussian Infantry.

And here you can see the result:






I showed the figure to Maurice last saterday on FIGZ and he liked it! It was a fun day by the way. Pictures on the event can be seen here. More about that meeting later on this week ;-)

And a warm welcome to the new followers of my blog:

Steve from Little Legions, Olly Vessel from Ollyvessel and Mojo (sorry mate couldn't find your blog. If you have one, place a link in the comment)

Welcome to my blog!!!!!

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Well its very different, but I like it!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. You silly billy :-D Maybe now you should paint a WWII panzer grenadier as a Napoleonic bod...actually..that could be a fun idea
    Greetings
    paul

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. That is a clever flight of fancy, Peter!

    I like Paul's idea, but you'd need to add a lot of extras like epaulets, cords, flounders, plumes etc. etc.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Well all he'd have to do is roll around in the mud a little bit to look like that, something as you well know soldiers do all the time even before breakfast. It looks very good and came out in time for the FIGZ thing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Thanks for the nice comments!

    @Paul: don't give me ideas :-)

    @Rosbi: we'll see ;-)

    Greetings
    Peter

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen